07 February 2013

Adolescence at Thirty-Three

So I haven't been able to get back to my exercise routine since my last post. Stuff happened, things got damaged and they needed my immediate attention. I won't dwell into that though.

Meanwhile, I suddenly had the urge to finally try and stick to using cosmetics and skin care products. I don't know why! LOL! It's not really the first time. I've tried using some skin care products about 10 years back, but my skin didn't like them. And I never tried others ever since. Until today.





I went to buy one and... wait... there's more than one?? Being the late bloomer that I am, I have no knowledge of skin care, skin types, moisturizers, toners, day creams, night creams, blah, blah, blah... I found different types of creams, toners, moisturizers, and a lot of other skin care products under one brand. And of course there's more than one brand. I was dumbfounded. There was a kind saleslady who knew I was looking for something 'skin care', and wanted to help me. I chose to ignore her though. I told myself that I wanted to learn this on my own. I guess it was mostly because I was shy of the fact that at this age, it's going to be my 'first time' doing skin care.



I got Pure White because its packaging is black, and I got the No Blackheads Facial Scrub because is it has Volcanic Clay and that sounded cool. Partly. 

I ended up getting stuff I think that would benefit me the most. I see whitening, whitening, whitening everywhere, but I don't need that. I just want my face and skin to be clean and free from dirt and oil. Pond's being a brand that my skin has not rebelled at, I got a cleanser, a day cream, and a toner. I used to use Pond's Pure White (activated carbon) but stopped using it since beautifying oneself isn't really in my dictionary. I still have it though, and good thing that it's still far from its expiration. 

As mentioned above, It's not my first time to actually try skin care and cosmetics. I tried Eskinol many years back and whoa, did my skin get angry! I also tried using pressed powder back in high school. Didn't last long though, and my classmates even found it weird that I had one! That's how it was. 


Kokuryu Pressed Powder (used) & Kojie-San Lightening Face Cream (sealed).

I recently tried using pressed powder again, in combination with a cake foundation even. However I stopped using it for a while, because of what my dictionary didn't contain. I also bought some other skin care products and cosmetics that remain sealed up to this day.

Why would I buy these products if I'm not using them? Good question, and one that I don't have a clear answer to. But if I keep buying them, then it means something, yeah? It means I want to do something. Or I want something to happen. Maybe this time, it will be for good, no? Only time can tell.


On a different note, I'm enjoying the knee socks that my mom bought for me the other day.


2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    Cosmetics cosmetics!! <3

  2. Anonymous said...

    Nice nice socks, Stacy! <3