14 January 2013

That Small Heated Room

After 30 minutes to 1 hour of exercise, I make it a point to use the pre-heated dry sauna room for at least 30 minutes. I say "pre-heated" because at the last 5-10 minutes of my exercise routine, I switch on the sauna's oven so that it's already hot when I go inside. I have not done any research about the benefits of sauna, but they say that it's good for your skin. And if it makes me sweat the way it does, I guess that's a good thing for my goal.




And to help me endure the time I need to spend inside (pass the time without complaining), are some of my gadgets. If you were a past reader of this blog, you might have come across a post wherein I put my PlayStation Portable to a stress test of sorts - including a 30-minute session inside that dry sauna room. It survived that day, and lives to tell the same tale every day (since I resumed The Project, at least). I can't say the same for my iPod Touch 4th Generation though. Because twice now, 10-15 minutes into the heat, it bogs down and lags a lot.



I got to test the Nintendo 3DS XL while playing Mario Kart 7 during the past few days, and it's good to see that it doesn't complain in the heat. Though my internet connection stretches inside the sauna room, I have not tried actual online gaming inside. I will have to give that a go one of these days. The PlayStation Vita will have to undergo this test too. Next week it will be time to resume playing Ragnarok Odyssey. Maybe we'll meet online :)



The Poporings killed me.


More than my gadgets surviving the heat though, it's nice to know that my boys share the same interests as mine. The vet did say that they need to slow down on weight gain, and they do love the heat, so whenever they're not sleeping they join me inside the sauna room.



Moon and Midnight

0 comments :