23 January 2013

Bundle of Joy

I got mail! Just now I received a small parcel in a red plastic pouch. Yesterday I was informed of its arrival anytime within the week, but I didn't expect it today!



Delivered by PhilFox Courier Services. Red pouch. Good, good.

This little bundle of joy came from Kate, and I'm just glad she isn't here to see (and probably take secret pictures) my reaction when I opened it! 



PASTILLAS DE LECHE OMG!!

On one of my birthdays during my childhood, when we were still living in a different part of Quezon City, my mom gave me these freshly made/freshly cooked/freshly withdrawn from the bank or ATM machine (not sure if ATM machines already existed back then) 2-peso bills, that summed up to thirty pesos in total. Back then, having that amount of money made me feel rich. It made me feel like a princess. It made me feel that I can buy anything I want.


I still have these two 2-peso bills left. Not sure if these were from that time during my childhood.

And buy I did! I went to the sari-sari store at the 1st floor of the building where we lived (we were at the 3rd floor), and bought all the pastillas de leche candies they had that I could carry with my two small hands! I don't know why I didn't think of bringing a container or bag with me to hoard all those sweet goodies... Back then, if my memory serves me right, a long (and I mean really long) pastillas de leche candy stick cost 25 centavos. So a peso would get me 4 pastillas de leche sticks. I spent most, if not all, of my 30 pesos on the sweets, and nothing more!


Pastillas de Leche. Photo taken from angsarap.net



YES, I LOVE THEM! :D

I do find it sad that nowadays they make shorter sticks, but I guess it can't be helped due to the economy. Pastillas de leche sticks, pastillas de leche balls, I love them all the same :D

0 comments :