07 January 2013

The Project: Revisited

For failing to think of a better name.


The Project was basically the exercise + diet routine I made for myself about two or three years ago (cannot accurately remember). It was going on fine for a while, lost about 10kg more or less, and I had to stop stopped when I resumed the life of an employee. Now that I have more than enough time on my hands, I've decided to give it another shot. And this time, not stopping for (almost) anything.

As you can see I've gained back my weight. I'm currently at 179-180 lbs. And according to mister scale here, that would be around 82-83 kgs.





The first thing that came to mind was my Xbox 360 Elite. With the fancy schmancy Kinect Sensor that enables controller-free gaming, I thought it was the best console to help me burn those unwanted calories and fats (Dance Central, anyone?). It used to be the Nintendo Wii for that purpose since I didn't have the Xbox 360 Elite back then, but not having to mind how you hold your controller or Wiimote while doing your exercise or dance routines is definitely a plus for me.






I have some exercise and dance titles to choose from, and I decided to start with the Zumba titles and The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout, then move on to the Dance Central and Just Dance games, and eventually Dance Masters and the rest.


I finally get to use my Zumba water bottle.


The Zumba routines (in both the games and the actual ones) are supposed to be fun.. and they are. "Ditch the Workout, Join the Party". I've seen the DVDs, YouTube videos of conventions, fitness concerts, etc. Not to mention, that my mom is an official Zumba Instructor. Her students love the routines, and always come back for more sweatin'. Even I think that the routines are so easy even a kid can do them. The music selection is awesome as well. Then what is it?

After trying a short class from Zumba Fitness and Zumba Fitness: RUSH, and one song (Poison) from Zumba Fitness: CORE on the Xbox 360, I just realized that my body is failing me more, and that I've been un-healthier since the last time I attempted this. My feet get sore and I complain in under 5 minutes. It seems that I will have to revert to the Nintendo Wii to get my rusted joints moving again. Then maybe after a week or two, let's see how I'll fare dancing my butt off in front of the Kinect Sensor again.


Wii Balance Board and Wii Fit

Of course, as much as I want to stick to video games in trying to bring down my weight, I'll be using the dry sauna again, and probably start outdoor cycling as soon as I can find replacement tires for my bike.

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    You can do it.

  2. Kitten said...

    games and red rubber shoes!

    As for losing weight, i know you can do it! #WeCanDoEat