01 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Here I am again. A good few of you may already know the existence of this blog from way back, and fewer who actually read it from time to time. I'm back, and I want to blog again. My old posts are currently hidden, and I'm still deciding on whether to put them back up or just delete them entirely. I just really wanted to post something on the first day of the year, so this blog will still be under renovation.

I feel a little different. Mostly due to the fact that I need certain changes. Changes that I should have done years ago which I have attempted but failed at, changes that should bring back a good old part of me, and changes that I've been afraid of doing.

I've quit my job, and decided to really focus on my health this time. It has gotten to the point where my being unhealthy interferes with the job. And I've decided to really get back into gaming this time around as well -0-

To start the year off, I wanted new nails. Of course, not in the literal sense. I wanted nail polish to match the occasion, and this time it's to celebrate the new year. I usually have a nail stylist design my nails, since I can't do them on my own. But since it's the Holidays I didn't have time to visit her. I see a lot of nail art videos online though, and I'd like to try them myself when I get the chance.


So a day before New Year's Eve, my mom and I went to a local grocery store and found nail polishes, and just grabbed every color we liked. There's not a lot though, and the choices were really limited. I wanted a design to depict the new year, like fireworks or something. But there is no nail stylist, and I wanted new nails. So I just chose the glittery ones and in different colors. And BAAAAMM! Messy nails :)

I quit my job before December 2012 kicked in, and I've been planning to restart The Project. It was a diet + exercise routine I set for myself back then, which started well but in which I failed to maintain. Then I was diagnosed with liver stones and I had to undergo the Shockwave Procedure before Christmas as part of my treatment, along with a month of meds and lots and lots of water. The size of my stone was so that surgery wasn't really advised. The doctor said that after a day or two I should be able to go back to normal activities, and that engaging in exercise or anything similar should even help in getting the crushed stones out of my system. I didn't get to start until today though, and used the time to do some quick soul-searching instead. You know, since the new year was coming in, you tend to think of stuff.


And here's the first meal of the year.

3 comments :

  1. Anonymous said...

    me want those pasta! Loook yummy and healthyyyyy

    -JJ

  2. Kitten said...

    Pink polish. Your fingers are so long, inggit ako xD

  3. Anonymous said...

    Always take care of your health. That's always #1. Next time na yang "soul-searching". ;)