20 February 2013

Cherry Mobile P7

When a friend told me that Cherry Mobile recently released a phone like the P9 Cutie I had, but in the red and black color combination that I love, I tried searching for it in the interwebs. I may have gotten the wrong keyword(s), or I probably just didn't know exactly what I was looking for, so the first one I saw, I was like, meh. I don't remember what the model of the phone that I saw was, I just didn't like it.


The Cherry Mobile P9 Cutie. 

Upon checking the store I frequent for Cherry Mobile phones (I do not visit or buy from the actual Cherry Mobile store at SM North EDSA. Aside from the staff being clueless on what I am looking for, they don't even display their android phone models. And they don't have enough stocks as well.), I saw what my friend meant. It was the Cherry Mobile P7.


The box says:
• Dual SIM / Dual Standby
• Dual Band GSM (900/1800MHz)
• 1.44 inches TFT LCD / 128x128 pixels
• Digital camera
• Bluetooth 2.0
• Micro-USB / USB V2.0 / Mass storage function
• Micro SD slot, up to 8GB

I had to get it. It will replace the multiple P9's I carry. It came with the usual Cherry Mobile packaging, charger, earphones, and instruction manual. However, for some reason, it doesn't come with the usual micro-USB cable + charging adapter, like the P9 and other models have. Or maybe it was supposed to have one, but I failed to check with the sales guy at the store. In any case, I do have a spare micro-USB cable I can use for file transfer to and from the PC, so it's all good for me.


The P9's charger has a detachable micro-USB cable you can use for file transfer (below). For some reason the one I got with my purchase of the P7 didn't come with the same type of charger (above).

The eWarranty thing that welcomed me is something new. I didn't activate mine, and the manual says you can manually activate it at any time.


It's a dual-sim standby phone, almost like the P9, except that it's longer. And get this... it has a camera.


The camera and speakers are at the back. The micro-USB slot for charging and file transfer is at the side. And at the bottom is the microphone, and I guess that part where you wanna place phone straps and such. Oh well, bye bye earphone jack plugs. Oh, when you want to listen to the FM Radio or the Music Player, you'll need earphones that you can plug in the micro-USB port.


The MicroSD came from my black P9.

The P7 can take pictures, unlike the P9. However, they are very small pictures. And despite the options, the picture just gets stretched out so bad. The internal memory is also very low. I'm not sure how many contacts you can even save in there before it gets full. But I'm definite that 1-2 pictures in the default settings (128x128 @ Normal) will get you the "Not enough memory" message.

But wait! There's more! It can also record videos. Yes, it can. Just see for yourself here:




It also has settings for recording videos, though I doubt it will make any significant difference just like with the image capture options.

This serves as my spare phone, which houses my other mobile number and wireless landline. Nowhere near advanced, but it does what I need it to do. And finally, in my color too :)


0 comments :